My first advert finished

By David

(Updated 16 Nov 16) This is the news write up of the event from the Wisbech Standard - Online.

Yesterday (30th Sep) I launched my first major advert to the world, well YouTube, as part of an online campaign.

It is for a not for profit company (CIC) who is holding a Graphic Novel Workshop in October. This is the one of the projects I briefly blogged about on the 16 Sep. Well, it's finally done and released to the world. That is always a great feeling but scary as well.

So, what happened...

Back on the 7th Sep I went up to Lincoln in Lincolnshire to meet a lovely artist called Jade Sarson. A young and talented artist who was nominated for Best Emerging Talent in the British Comic Awards in 2013, and in 2014 won the Myriad Editions First Graphic Novel competition with an extract from her graphic novel For the Love of God, Marie!, which was published in July 2016. She has also written Cafe Suada.


Jade's Website

Jade Sarson has agreed to run a graphic workshop in March, Cambridgeshire from 24-26 October for Bird's Nest Books, the CIC company, to help encourage young adults to learn the next step of designing a graphic novel instead of just learning to draw.

It sounded like a great project so I said I would love to help.

The advert is a cropped down version of a full interview which we had with Jade. This will be released after the evening with some other additional material as inspiration for other young adult artists.

I have decided to run the advert through Google Adwords and made it specific to certain age ranges and demographics. It has been set to run today and the following two Saturdays to try and capture the most likely target audience without a 'scatter shot' type event and to try to keep the costs down. It's not as expensive as I thought it would be. I will let you know how much it cost after the event.

But these are all learning curves for me. I have spent 5-6 years learning to make films; marketing and PR is completely new area which I am trying to learn as well. But most companies who are starting now have to learn how to handle social media as part of their marketing strategies.

So that is the next project completed and scratched off the list. Thank you to Jane at Bird's Nest Books for inviting me to take on this project. To watch the video click here. I hope you enjoy it.

Projects:
Murder Mystery Stage Play - Writing
Filming a Radio DJ's show - Planning
Graphic Novel Workshop advert - Finished
Movie Script - Developing/Writing Stay tuned for more details...


Find out more @

Website: www.dmj-imagery.co.uk
Twitter: twitter.com/dmj_imagery
Facebook: www.facebook.com/dmjimagery/
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4Sh3B2FdswGfPA1yQ3CFQ
Google+: plus.google.com/u/0/108680845825075703603

Comments