The Difficult Second Year

By David



As I start compiling this blog I suddenly realised I have done an awful lot of work since my last post, released back in February. And thank you to those who have taken the time to read my blog. I would love to hear any feedback for my readers.

The first big news is that as of April, my business is now a year old. The second is that I finally have an office to work in.


Here are a couple of photos showing before and after shots. Masking tape showing the intended outline.

The joy of the first year in business comes to an end when you realise you need an accountant. Which will probably come at a price. But being a new business, I want to make sure I get the books right. I have found one in Ely who seem really good. I had an interview with them last month so we all know what we are doing.



Podcast studio 

Part of the setup includes a podcasting area which can also be used for recording audio work like narration or voice overs. If you would like to know more about using this equipment then drop me a line.

New Kit

I have recently upgraded my camera for a reconditioned Canon XF-305. It's a big step up from JVC amateur / pro camera and will take some getting used to. I do like the lightness of the camera and it is well balance when handholding it.





 I have had my first foray into politics when I was asked by the local Green Party if I would help create a Campaign video for their candidate, Ruth Johnson,  for the General Election this June. So many firsts.









 

Stonea Camp - Interview with Stephen Macaulay
In May I was lucky to get an interview with archaeologist Stephen Macaulay the Senior Project Manager from Oxford Archaeology Limited. Here he discusses the find of a skull at Stonea Camp, an Iron Age hill fort.


There looks like some other work with another Archaeology Group in the near future. I am looking forward to that. More details to follow.



Keeping on the historical theme, I have been filming more parts for the Wake Hereward Society and have got our first social media slice out to the public.

We are filming at Bourne, Crowland, Peterborough and Ely with the intent of making a documentary at the end of next year all about the life of Hereward the Wake.

During all this I was interviewed by That's Cambridge TV. I now remember why I like being in behind the camera. :)



 








These are just some of the highlights over the past few months. I hope you enjoy them and feel free to drop me a line with any questions or comments.

Comments

Post a Comment