[Promotion] Suffolk Archaeology Dig

Archaeology Dig 

Today was the unveiling of three films I have been working on for the past month at the public open day at Marham Park, Fornham All Saints nr Bury St Edmunds. I went down for the day to see how the exhibition ran and how the films were received by the public. It was a busy day and the event was well turned out.

I was first approached on 15 Jul 2017 by Suffolk Archaeology CIC and asked if I would like to do a small filming job. I was intrigued and as I love archaeology and was excited the idea of being involved. Getting to see actual digging at first hand. 

The one thing that surprised me how much physical labour it takes to just to get near what they want. I now appreciate how much work goes into these digs just to get to area needed to study. I hope that comes across in the films. 

In the end I produced a main 10 minute film which was part of a series of dig diaries, which they filmed and I pieced together. I also put together 7,000 stills to create a timelapse of the dig.

CSCS Card 

As part of the condition of working with the archaeology group, the construction company prevented any members of the public onto the site. So to gain access to film I had to find out about Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) cards register, revise and sit the theory test in a week. 

So with the CSCS card, I have now access to other construction sites for other video work.

Links to the videos are:

Comments