July Edition Blog Post


It has been a few months since my last post, so I thought I better do an update. A lot has changed since my last one.

On 21 May I handed in my notice at my second job. A job I used to supplement my pay while I set up my own business and established myself with setting up the website, social media and decent portfolio. After running the business part-time for two years I decided things needed to change.

On 22 June I finally was able to go full time which I found quite liberating.

I have to say I was crapping myself at the thought of taking the massive leap to going freelance full-time with no safely net. It is still scary, but I don’t have to squeeze my business working day into 4-hour window in the morning. It was very much “today I will just do admin, today I will just do editing…” very much one thing per day. 

It was so easy to get caught up with admin and emails first thing and end up loosing an available day. But it did make for a long day. Sometimes having to be up a 7am and getting to bed a 1am. I have had lots of support from people, so thank you all for your support.

So, it has come as a big relief to be able to relax a bit, take the foot off the accelerator and allow myself to slow things down and be able to focus on the business more.

I have found that I have missed so much in getting the business off the ground and have made a concerted effort to tie up loose end, smarten up the website and get the social media working.

I have now found time to teach myself online tutorials and bring myself up to speed on various bits of software (mainly Adobe) that keeps getting updated and changing.

Now I have time to plan marketing campaigns and think about how to promote the business online. I have a marketing campaign to kick-in next week. Nothing special, just to get the message out there and hopefully get some business over the next few months.

I will hopefully have more time to blog about the business as well, if I have time to do so. It’s a catch 22 situation. As you get busier, you have less time to blog.

It’s an exciting time for me and so far, I have several customers on the books which is great news and each week I am busy with work. 

If you would like to find out more then please drop me a line:

07534 358961

Look forward to hearing from you. Until next time.

David

Comments