[Scripts] My Script Writing

 


When I am not filming and editing masterpieces I do enjoy writing scripts. Someday I hope that I am recognised and make it into Hollywood.

I write for fun, it's my way to relax but it would be nice if something came of it. I made it into some of the early round in a few competitions along with a few rejects.

But I enjoy the writing and enjoy exploring new worlds and putting characters into exciting situations and going 'ha!' now get yourself out of that. Yes, I am sadistic :) 

I was always good at creating stories at school. One of the few things I was good at. The problem was I suffer from (mild) dyspraxia and (slight) dyslexia. So, it is not a hinderance to my life per se but it can make things difficult from time to time. 

I hated school for most of it. My condition wasn't prominent enough for me to be disruptive or a troublemaker and having the acknowledgment of needing additional support. I was just classed as lazy and not worth bothering about.

It is interesting that no support was given to the few skills I did have to maximise my core skills. But special educational needs didn't exist.

I remember having to stand on chairs, standing in classroom corners and being sent to the headmaster (who still used the slipper then). Ahhh, the good old days. 

Many years later, I self-diagnosed my condition and taught myself how to create learning strategies to cope with life. I was very self-conscious about showing my work to others. 

But this is not meant to be a, gosh, I've had a difficult life - feel sorry for me - type story. I got over it and learnt to live with it. 

I did find a copy editor who has been very helpful in helping to take away my terrible spelling and grammar and making it presentable for submission to competitions. This has helped my confidence grown in putting written work out into the world. Yes, I still get selfish people who take pleasure of leaving public replies saying, "you've spelt that wrong". They seem to take the pleasure try to publicly humiliate others and try and make themselves look important. If you see something like that at least have the decency of privately messaging the authors and it can be sorted, without any dramas or embarrassment.

There is a lesson here and it is, no matter what you find difficult, there is always a way to overcome the difficulty and it shouldn't be a hurdle to becoming successful in whatever you want to be.

I don't get my blogs edited as that would be way too expensive but I do save it for when I make my submissions that could end up with paid work or publications.

For me I have use janespencereditorial.co.uk but there are many other copy editors out there. I would like to hear your stories, what is your hinderance and how you have managed to overcome it?

Who do you use? I can list them below.

Comments