[Wednesday Post] Writer's Thoughts

 


I have taken some time out to work on developing the Twitter that is going on at the moment and plan out series two of the Death in Podville. I have accepted that this will never make me famous lol but I am enjoying the process. 

I am enjoying the freeness of writing what I want for my pleasure and then turning it into a drama. Until recently I have either made projects for other writers or written material for other directors. So three years ago I wanted to close the loop and do something for me. The only problem was I hadn't got anything to work with.

After having a seed of an idea and suddenly plunging into the world audio drama on podcasts. It was like a big cloud drifted away leaving a brilliant blue sky. 

The first series took a lot out of me and the thought of jumping back into the next series wasn't appealing. I decided to take a break, and after 9 months and done some motivational stuff, I have opened the laptop once again and started developing the next ten episodes of series 2. I have started getting messages asking were Series 2 is.

I have taken some time off and hidden myself away in a wooden cabin with a log fire and a hot tub, being accompanied by Pink Floyd on the TV. The thought of The Dark Side of The Moon being 50 years old is staggering, and it still sounds fresh today, compared to many other from that time.

Honestly, I don't know when series two will be out. Series one took 6 months to write. I am hoping this will be quicker.

My only constraint is the Twitter story runs parallel to the podcast, so I have to do a lot of timeline checking to make sure dates are correct. That i why I have started using Aeon Timeline to help me, which is great for writers and scriptwriters.

Some inspiration stuff out there:

https://thespaces.com/all-aboard-wes-andersons-train-carriage-celebrates-the-golden-age-of-rail

Procrastination over - Better get back to work.


Comments